Monday, November 19, 2012

New Puppy Found

and here she is.  I will get better pictures once  she relaxes.
She would move to watch me every time I tried to get a good picture so at least this will give you an idea.  No doubt more pictures will follow......



She is a cross of Great Pyrenees and Boxer but her grandmother looked more like Pit Bull and Boxer to both the lady owner and me....vet said otherwise.  Her mother looks exactly like her and is a medium sized dog and short haired; her father was darker and long haired and a little smaller than the mother.
They only had two females and one male left.  The male was a darker color but he ran up the mountain side (yes, mountain side) when we got out of the truck.  I didn't think that was a good sign so DH didn't get his male dog.  He didn't really mind.



She is 3 months old already which is the same age we got Biscuit.  Her feet aren't quite as large as his were.  I will take her to the vet soon. 

She slept  all through the night.  So far,so good.  She is living on the back porch and in the kitchen.
I left her with my old farm jacket to sleep on because she slept in my lap all evening wrapped in it and I thought the scent would  make her feel at home.  She has been running free in a small valley surround by some good old Ozark mountains.  We had to go about a mile down a gravel road and open two gates to get to her home.  You couldn't see or hear a neighbor or a car.  I used to think I would like living in an isolated area like that but not anymore!  I couldn't see much flatland around but they had three horses running loose so obviously had pasture.  All their animals seemed in great condition and well loved.

I spotted this as we were going down the gravel road back out to the paved one,

Mother nature sure knows how to camouflage her animals.




I had no idea what kind of shot I was getting because I couldn't see in the viewer on the camera because of the light hitting the screen and I had the puppy on my lap and DH was driving and I was yelling at him to stop.  It took him a while to spot it.

I took the camera because I wanted to take pictures of her mother and father....and I forgot! Drat.

29 comments:

  1. What a sweetie! Girl dogs are the best! My male dog is in his own world half the time but my two females have always been the most attentive, easily trained dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what my sis and I think. (in all species imo).

      Delete
  2. Oh, she's darling! When she chews up your shoes and chews off every corner of every wooden thing you own, you will scold her and she will look at you with those big ol' eyes and melt your heart. You're in trouble now. Heh.

    Beautiful shot of the owl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know and I worry about my reaction. I think she looks so sad. She just came into the kitchen for the first time and peed! I reminded DH that when they whine it might be for a good reason. Next time she does that I will take her outside. Let the good times begin!

      Delete
  3. Oh dear Glenda ~ What a sweetiepie! What are you going to name her?

    That was a great photo of the owl.

    Enjoy your new family member. You've lots of good times ahead.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been calling her sugar when I talk to her so I think I will just name her Sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Oh, sugar sugar" as the song goes. Looks like you have a wonderful new family member! As you say, let the good times roll.

    Great pic of the owl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has now peed across the kitchen floor.....but she whined first we just ignored her thinking she was lonely....won't do that next time.

      Of course, it is raining here this morning which will make things more difficult.

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to pics of a perkier Sugar!

      Happy Thanksgiving... :-D

      Delete
  6. The puppy is simply adorable! I wish I could pet her and enjoy her little puppy sweetness! Have fun with her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just took her to the barn with me and she pretty much followed me out there and back. She is starting to act bouncy and puppy like. I think she was depressed yesterday.

      Delete
  7. What a doll, Glenda. Congratulations, you are now proud puppy parents. Its takes awhile to get back into the swing of puppy needs.
    Beautiful photo of the owl. Is it a barn owl with the round face, or another round faced owl. Stunning. I love owls.
    Have a wonderful week and Holiday.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked in my Bird books and I think it is a Great Barred Owl, it is the only Eastern NA owl with dark eyes.

      Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  8. Glenda,
    Congratulations on getting your new puppy (Female), lol
    Sugar is so adorable, I can already see she's got you wrapped around her paw.
    I love the owl picture, beautiful shot. Mother nature made a great camouflage for this owl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Puppy!!!!
    We have several barred owls here and one year the fledgeling even hung around the goat pen so we got some really good up close pictures of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what kind this one is; it was huge! I haven't seen an owl in years. We do hear them now and then at dusk.

      Delete
    2. The owl in the picture is a barred owl :)

      Delete
  10. What a sweetheart! She probably was a little out of sorts being in the new circumstances. Lotsa love and attention will cure her of that. Be sure to post more pictures because she'll change a lot in the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is back in full puppy mode now! Chewing on my chair, an afghan, my shoes, my apron strings....you get the picture.

      She is doing beautifully letting us know when to take her outside; no more accidents.

      Delete
  11. She's a sweetie! Hope she settles in quickly and doesn't get too lonesome for her former home.
    Great capture of the owl! I'd love to get a shot of one. I hear them, but never see them.
    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a calm girl. I see no Pyrenees in her but I am not a vet. Hopefully the boxer blood will be stronger. No matter, you love her and that's what counts.

    Enjoy your new member and have a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gail. I tried to figure the percentages but got lost. We are liking her disposition very much so far. She is too young to let near the cows, but she doesn't seem afraid of anything, just wary.

      Happy Thanksgiving to you all too!

      Delete
  13. And her name is???

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sugar.....or Sugar, Sugar.

      You too!

      Delete
  14. Oh, Glenda, she's adorable! How fun for you all!! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Best Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag... Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
    LolsGag.Com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Make Money Online is very easy now, In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
    Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
    www.hotfxearnings.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. All Latest Hot Current Affairs, All Entertainment News updates, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Entertainment Videos, Funny Pictures, Fail Pictures, Troll Comics, Troll Images, lol Pictures, Mp3 Tunes and every thing you want...
    www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag where you can find Videos, Gif Images, Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags.
    LolsGag.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Loading...

Follow by Email