Friday, October 15, 2010

Note: I failed to publish this so will do it today. Sometimes I ramble on in several threads about the same thing so better keep them in some order.
Tuesday, October 12
Up at 3:30 AM this morning. We had coffee with in-laws late afternoon which was probably not a good idea. It is cool this morning and still overcast. I am happy to report we got about 1/2 inch of rain overnight and there is a possibility of more today.

The road crew has spread 1/2 the road (our side) with black top. There are 8 trucks doing various things. I will be happy when it is finished. We have been suffering from several potholes where the chat layer had washed out.

I milked this morning. Fighting her calf while milking is getting out of hand....need to do something. I pulled her calf off early last milking and she gave half the cream as before! I need a stall right beside her so she thinks her baby is still nursing.

I am finally getting around to hands and knees cleaning of hardwood floors in the two bedrooms. I used vinegar in the water but it left them very dull looking. I will have to use a finishing cleaner to get the shine back. I will just use water on the rest and see how that looks.

I want them to feel slick to my stocking feet and to look fairly shiny.

My sis served her card group one of my old recipes 'Spaghetti Cheese Bake' and it was a big hit. It makes a huge amount and I haven't made it in years. I think I have all the ingredients and I have the french bread in the freezer so I plan to do it for us today. I should have lots of leftovers to freeze.

Spaghetti Cheese Bake

3 onions
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup oil
1 lb hamburger
1 can tomatoes 29 oz
1 can green chilies chopped
1 can sliced mushrooms 3oz undrained
1 can chopped ripe olives 7.5 oz
1 lb cheese shredded
1 lbs spaghetti
bay leaf
grated cheese.

Cook onions and garlic in oil and butter 1 hour, stirring often. Do not let get to brown stage. Add meat and brown lightly. Add tomatoes and chili and simmer covered l hour. Add olives and mushrooms and cook 15 min. Add cheese and in large casserole mix spaghetti cooked with bay leaf. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake in moderate over 375° about 30 minute.
Note: I cut way back on the oil and butter
I use whatever cheese I have....sis says I always used Mozzarella? don't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment