Monday, November 22, 2010

More nice weather here Sunday, but the wind was horrific.  I don't think I got outside all day.

I made peanut butter balls for the grands.  When they were down last our grandson mentioned those round things.......hint, hint.  I tested a few....they are good.


From Food

Today I will be making hamburger buns and I am hoping to learn how Ilene makes her pigs in a blanket.  I don't know if I can make that dough ahead of time or not but I want to make it while the kids are here.  I think they will like them.

Might do some other cook ahead things.  Our son will be down Wednesday and leave Friday; our daughter down Thursday and leave Saturday.  I am not going to the in-laws this year, DH's decision.  Their dinner gets later each year, and 2 pm means really more like 3 pm.  on Thursday. DH has to be home and checking cattle before dark and that is just too rushed.  We are probably in the doghouse with them, but 49 years of conforming should be enough..........

7 comments:

  1. The peanut butter balls looks wonderful. Enjoy the week Glenda.
    Have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DH would love those peanut butter balls, I would too, of course.

    I'd say, 49 years was enough. Our families all live away from here, and it is such a relief, sorry to say. We do NOT miss the gatherings as there was always some kind of 'crap' going on.

    Have a wonderful holiday with your kids and grandkids, and each other.

    I'm excited about fixing our dinner. Bought the rest of what I needed this morning, and I'm feeling ready to go. :-)

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. The peanut butter balls would be a big hit with my husband. I'm going to check the net for a recipe. I'd say you've done your fair share of adapting to their schedule. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so lucky your kids & grandchildren can come & visit. Ours are 10 hrs away and all only have Thanksgiving off. But I get to see them at Christmas...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh when I read "49 years of conforming is enough!" Every family does a little of this and that's what makes the holidays so stressfull. I took over the cooking years ago so now we go get the inlaws (they are nearly 90) and everyone comes here. There's always dietary issues so it makes it hard pleasing everyone. Those peanut butter balls would sure please me.... You must share this recipe with us so we can make it over Christmas! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Glenda, so glad I found my way to your Ozark home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'M WITH FLOWER LADY!

    Glenda, go to http://rockwhisperer.blogspot.com/2010/11/dressing-up-hot-dog.html
    for those instructions and a recipe for corndogs, which you might actually like even better!
    Hugs, Ilene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooo! Peanut butter balls are my absolute favorite. Those look wonderful :-D As for changing up Thanksgiving plans this year--we did it too. Hope you ended up having a calm and relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete