Friday, September 15, 2017

Surgery Over!

and are we glad, especially my dear husband. It  was much more than either of us anticipated.  He swears they did not completely knock him out and the pain on a scale of 1-10 was a 12!  His jaw and  throat are  a deep reddish purple today.  The pain is controllable and he is still using ice packs which is helping.  He is a mad patient!  Be interesting to see if he says anything  on our return  visit.  I may 'inquire' about it.

I did chores yesterday but he took over this morning.....chores are not  labor intensive these days.

I fed Jewel and her calf and here they are.  The first was yesterday and  the other was when her baby was just a few days old.  Time flies.

Born 3/17/2017

I finally had a normal (for  me day) yesterday after chores and did what  I love to do most:  baked bread.
This  time I went back to my Oat Bran, whole wheat and honey bread (recipe from Hodgson Mills).
It makes a lovely, soft bread and I think the addition of oatmeal or oatbran gives a special tasty flavor.

Made two loaves  and  one for buns.

Poor Max still can't chew.  I made him vanilla ice cream and chocolate pudding.

 The Aloha rose enjoyed the cool weather (like all  roses do) and one  branch is almost 7-feet tall.  At last the blasted Japanese Beetles have disappeared for now.......
Thank you all for your prayers and best wishes for Max.  Bless you all.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Glenda ~ Due to 4 days without computer because of hurricane Irma, I missed the news about Max's oral surgery. I'm sorry he had so much pain during surgery, but glad to hear he is on the mend.

    I always enjoy reading about your farm life, and your baked goods look wonderful. The Aloha rose is a beauty.

    Have a nice weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had no damage because of Irma. I worried for you.

      Delete
  2. Good news about Max's surgery . . . now that it's over and the pain is controllable.

    Now give me one of those loaves of bread and nobody will get hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could share! I would be baking daily but we can't and shouldn't eat it all.

      Delete
  3. I always enjoy reading about your farm life, and your baked goods look wonderful.


    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really a beautiful blog.It is very astonishing and marvelous design.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete