Sunday, May 13, 2018

Slowly, slowly.......

First let me wish all you Mothers out there a very Happy Mother's Day!  Mine as usual was very quite.  I got my usual calls from both our son and daughter and our oldest granddaughter also called.

The early morning was cloudy and breezy and I worked outside almost three hours.

So far I have planted lettuce,  Chinese Cabbage(three kinds),  spinach, two kinds of Asian eggplants (the long skinny ones purple and lavender striped), potatoes that are up about a foot tall, all the tomato plants (I have  lost track of how many), two kinds of sweet peppers and two varieties of pole beans.  I also broke  my rule on sweet potatoes and planted 6 Beauregard's in a short row by the  east end of the garden.

This is the month for iris and early clematis.

I was afraid  I had lost all of these pretty pale blue or lavender ones but these survived on the north side of the miscanthus.  I call it Barb's iris after one of my sweet neighbors who died shortly after telling  me to please come get some. Sure glad  I did.

My one red iris that I have been planning to move  for 3 years now...............
I enlarged this because I just noticed the alba roses are beginning to bloom (the pink in the background) and I hadn't even noticed....I did smell something wonderful but thought it was the locust tree that is blooming.  Note I have just cleaned  the front of the bed.......I am moving slowly along.  The iris is Fragrant Lavender and smells like  grape soda.

  I am finally braving a photo of me at work.  I wish I could Photoshop about 50 more pounds  off but alas it is much harder than that!  Working on that too.

14 comments:

  1. Your garden looks lovely . . . all the work you put into it will not only pay off in great flowers and produce, but in exercise and pounds lost :) Doesn't it feel good after a long winter to be able to get out and work in the garden. I'm loving it!
    Happy Mother's Day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Monday morning dear Glenda ~ Loved your irises and roses, and the photo of you hard at work in your gardens. You will be greatly rewarded for your efforts.

    It rained off and on yesterday and rain/thunderstorms are expected all week. Glad I got a load of laundry washed and hung out to dry the other day and that I mowed. With all of the rain we will be getting, I know I'll have to mow again as soon as it's done with.

    Have a wonderful week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful garden, beautiful. And it’s great to see you hard at work...no wonder your garden looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing valuable information nice post,I enjoyed reading this post.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! Miss your posts, hope you guys are doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all is well. I miss your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow !!! absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m missing your posts so much I’m starting your blog again, lol. Hope all is well - I’m going to be taking notes on all your recipes as I go back through posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm missing your posts. They are what gave me the inspiration to start making my own bread. Hope all is good there. Phil/Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope all is well there! So worried about you and your hubby. Especially with your hubby's heart problems. Your quite a lady. I worry about you with your dizzy spells. Hope to have you on board soon! XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Missing you very much dear lady!

    Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great In formations you Have shared with us its very Helpful and I get Great Knowledge from this Blog thanks for Sharing this blog!!
    Growing Parsley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice Blog!!
    Thanks for Sharing such informative information Its Very interesting in reading I appreciate your Hard work, Keep Updating and Posting more Blogs.and If you want to Know about Landscaping then Visit!!
    landscaping perth

    ReplyDelete