Monday, September 6, 2010

Caramel Rolls - What's Blooming - Strange Caterpillars on Snaps

Fall is in the air and I love it.

I went out at 7:30 and mowed the east and front yard. No dew at all. Very breezy.
DH is now out back mowing the Orchard Garden. We will pick tomatoes later today.

Yesterday I got a hankering to bake some caramel rolls, those flatter ones like you get at the bakeries. I didn't have a recipe exactly made for them so used my new favorite recipe from AnnT's blog Thibault's Table and just cut them much thinner. I will use less filling next time so it won't run out on the pans so badly.

From Food

It made 24 large rolls. We took two in the DH's folks late afternoon.

I don't have too much blooming now but I took some pictures of various ones.

This is Double JoAnn daylily reblooming. I bought this at the Master Gardener's sale a couple of years ago.
From September 2010
and this is the end of the Hummingbird Bed nearest the kitchen. The phlox are still hanging on and now the 'Robustissima' anemone is in full swing. I love this plant. It is not quite as lush this year because of the weather. I have watered it a few times. This is a grouping of three plants originally purchased at Bluestone Perennials several years ago.
From September 2010
It was so breezy, I should have changed the setting on the camera but didn't so they are a little blurry.
From September 2010

I found a lot of these caterpillars on the few little snaps. I have posted on the Butterfly Forum to see if anyone knows what they are. If anyone knows, please let me know. They have stripped one of the plants completely. Are they bad or good?

From Caterpillars

No comments:

Post a Comment