Saturday, March 26, 2011

Baking Day - Friday March 25, 2011

It was 32° yesterday morning and the high 48°. We got a very nice rain early in the morning.

I told you I might just cook all day; I did!

We were almost out of bread. I made 4 loaves of French and 3 of 7-Grain. I apologize for the fuzzy photo...don't know what happened. That is why you should always take several shots....hoping one is decent. I was in a floury mess and didn't pay attention.

I had them scheduled so when one was finished baking the next was ready to put in the oven.
I made these 100% by hand, no mixer involved.
From Food
The French Bread is ready to form; the 7 grain is ready for the first rise.

When I rested up after that, I made a cheesecake. This is Tyler's Ultimate Cheesecake recipe. So far it has been fail proof. I will probably make a blueberry sauce for serving. I have a can of wild blueberries I bought somewhere.



7 eggs today.

5 comments:

  1. The loaves of bread look delicious as does the cheesecake. I love homemade bread but we eat so little that I don't bake it. I might try making some 7 grain though. We'd probably eat it before it spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Glenda ~ Your energy amazes me. Look at the wonderful results of your baking endeavors. It all looks yummy. Can you share that cheesecake recipe?

    Hope your weather improves.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. Glad your Old Blush is coming back. I hate losing flowering plants, roses especially. Yes, that spread was certainly a deal. Having those crocheted pieces by your DH's grandmother are real treasures.

    Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so yummy. I am thinking about making a nice sourdough today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet that cheesecake is wonderful. When I'm looking for recipes Tyler F. has some of the best. So are Alton's. Yours looks sharp on that nice cake stand. Your new stove is getting a real workout lately...! Cold here - 12F - but sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow, what a gorgeous cheesecake! I love how the graham cracker crust looks. ME TOO, I want the recipe.

    ReplyDelete