Saturday, July 8, 2017

A Cow Day

I asked DH  to take  some pictures for me and he  did his usual great job.  He takes lots of pictures but it is fun to review them  with him.  Some of these animals I have never seen!

 This is Annabelle, she was bought along with her mother Willow.  She is a pure-blood milking shorthorn who has never been  milked.  She has raised a calf each year we have had her. 
 This is her 2016 calf.  My all-time favorite.  He is a roan colored bull who will join our beef herd as a sire.  He is out of another shorthorn/Angus bull.  I love his color.  Shorthorns can have many various markings of red and white.
 More of him, he is already showing great interest in his work!  the black and white is the neighbor's calf who has become a rather permanent member......Max doesn't  mind; I am beginning to.
 This is our senior herd sire.  Max is on the ATV taking the picture.
I enlarged this one because I wanted to check the large animal on the foreground right.  I thought it was the bull......I was wrong.  This also shows some perspective of the hern and the field.  Still have lots of grass and
white clover.

We are liking seeing all the reds we are now getting due to the influence of Willow and her offspring.

That's all from the farm  today.

 

10 comments:

  1. Love the cows. I want a farm so bad but I need to win the lottery first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel. I used to look at the adjoining farm (where we live now) and think it would be heaven to own it.......I hope your ship comes in or you win the lottery and get to have your farm.

      Delete
  2. LOVE seeing the pictures of the cows! Your bulls must be very mild-mannered for Max to be right next to them and the rest of the herd. You really do have quite the herd. How many do you usually have at any one time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between 50 and 60 adults. We will get them all up soon and cull some older ones and then know exactly where we stand.

      Delete
  3. Loved this post! Oh, what a wonderful herd you have! And those cute little calves....

    ReplyDelete
  4. We enjoy them too. I love having them in the east field where I can see them out the kitchen window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cows are beautiful, you have a great herd. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your next post won't pop up for me, Glenda. Boo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete