Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saturday morning has arrived.  Company is coming and we are doing dinner today.

I spent yesterday cleaning the fridge......a two hour job.  I vow to never let it get in that shape again.  I dismantled all shelves and supports so I feel I got a good job done.....at last.

I made my overnight refrigerator rolls and they are in the fridge.  I will take them out around 10 AM.  I also made a requested pecan pie and this morning made  an apple  pie (also requested).  The turkey will go in the oven as soon as the pie comes out.

I put together a large fruit salad this morning too. 

 I know I said I wouldn't decorate but I couldn't resist this little 3 foot $10 tree pre-lit at Wal Mart yesterday.  I had it in the back of my mind but didn't think anything would be left this late.  I used my decorations and skirt so it was a simple and inexpensive way to bring a little Christmas back.



The weather continues very mild but very windy....don't like the wind.

I cheated and made some Christmas cookies for Isabel (GD)

I better call this a post and get busy!

8 comments:

  1. Dear Glenda ~ I was so sorry to read that you and your DH were sick. Glad you are feeling much better and that you got that sweet little tree. It looks very pretty and festive.

    Have a wonderful day today with family.

    Have a great 2012.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful New Years Eve and Day, Glenda.
    I hope that you are feeling better.
    Thank you for all of your wonderful recipes, and blog friendship through the year, and I hope more to come.
    Hugs Denim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you had been under the weather until I read the comment above. Too.busy. You have a lovely time planned and I'm sure everyone will have a wonderful time. That tree is just beautiful! We have prelit ones too and every year I'm tempted to just leave them bare, they are so pretty just like that. But then I have that attachment to all these ornaments. They are the closest thing I have to an "addiction!" Happy, healthy New Year to you and yours Glenda... looking forward to your posts in the coming year. Like a trip to a favorite relatives, I love visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better and are all festive again. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pretty tree-just the right size! Enjoy the time with your family-pretty cookies. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little tree is a treasure. As you saw on my last post, the only tree I put up this year is my neighbor's -- and was for the birds.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Your Christmas tree is pretty. Love it! My Christmas tree was glowing with my modification to the star on the top. I put a Blue Sapphire stone as a star!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just like Joycee said above, I feel like I'm visiting with a favorite relative when I am here! I enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete