Monday, August 13, 2012

New Garden Cart - More Peppers and Tomatoes

This has been a lovely overcast and cool day.....out of the blue.  Even the weather forecasters were surprised.....still no additional rain.

I went out around 7:30 and hooked up the new garden cart!  DH finally made a special run to Wal Mart to get it.  We have been twice now and forgotten it.  The other currently is filled with  garden waste (corn nubbins) I am feeding slowly to the chickens.



I filled the cart twice with clippings from the honeysuckle on the porch steps and from the bed around the foundation.  I have also started cleaning the hummingbird bed outside the kitchen.

The ground is very dry again.  I have misplaced two sprinkler heads....the only one remaining available is in the chicken pen.  I guess I will have go  get it to begin watering.

I trim mowed around the front yard again.  My front yard is so narrow, I realized it wouldn't take much to keep it all nice and green.  As it is, over half is watered when I use the sprinkler on the shrub border.

I harvested more tomatoes from the orchard row and more peppers from the backyard garden.




I have noticed the red cheese peppers are not shaped like the others....no ridges.  That is a few in the front of the tub.  They look like small tomatoes.  I don't know if that is normal or not.

The morning glories have sprouted rampantly around the sweet potatoes so I will mow that tomorrow and then till again.

I came in around 10 AM and put on a pot of white beans with a package of ham pieces I had in the freezer.  We will have cornbread and beans for lunch.

7 comments:

  1. What a nice new cart and I know you'll get lots of use out of it.

    Your produce looks wonderful, all of it. I guess you'll be finishing up your garden season soon. It must be nice to take a rest from gardening, it doesn't happen down here unfortunately. :-)

    Enjoy your week Glenda.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have often wondered if your fresh fruit and produce is cheaper than ours? It should be.

      Delete
  2. Nice garden cart! And look at all the tomatoes...nice. I only get 2 or 3 at a time. The green peppers are very small and don't taste the best. We've decided not to water the rest of the garden any more. It's just a waste of time and money. Nothing is growing very well. We have one watermelon to pick and I'm hoping it will be good.
    Have a good week and enjoy the cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had almost given up on watering my late planted pole beans, but I think I see the beginnings of blooms on the Half Runner beans so I will keep on for a while longer.

      I think the cooler weather is a big help.

      Delete
  3. Don't you wonder what we do with all our time in the winter when we don't have the garden and yard to care for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder that every year! I surely don't just read all winter.

      Of course, my cow should be fresh so I will be milking again.

      Delete
  4. Glenda, I've wanted a garden cart for years! You are so lucky and those tomatoes...just look at them...I had a tomato sandwich for breakfast!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete