Sunday, April 22, 2018

It's Raining!

It's not a heavy rain, but it is steady.  One half inch so far and more promised.

I weeded the strawberry  bed yesterday and it needed moisture badly.  I may still water if this rain isn't enough.  Speaking of weeding............what a  job, but I got it done!  The plants are not very tall but are loaded with white blooms.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that our frosts are finished.

I have the tomato plants and cabbages hardening off on the screened porch (the carpenter still is a no show to enclose the porch.)

I also mowed the east yard for the second time. 

I took this picture through he morning rain out the office door:
  The red bud is now blooming and the lilac is still looking good.  That small bed in the lower left has a viburnum just leafing out, jonquils that are done and daylilies coming on.


and my favorite tree because of the apricot colored peeling bark,  betula nigra.  When it leafs out the bark won't be so noticeable but then it completely screens  the front of most of the house from the road.

Plans today are making English Muffins...... 

12 comments:

  1. Please keep the rain! Our snow melting is making the ground plenty wet enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wish we had received more; just an inch. We had no snow melt this year to speak of and a very dry fall so we are greedy.

      Delete
  2. All the trees look healthy. The rain will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rain makes everything look GREAT! We need more rain down here.

    Have a wonderful week dear Glenda ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope rain heads your way soon and none of the tornadoes some parts south are getting.

      Hope your week is wonderful too.

      Delete
  4. We got rain on Sunday as well - a total of 4". Everything is still pretty well today (Wednesday).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were one of the lucky ones. Promises for this week, Wednesday and Thursday along with tornado possibilities....they can keep that last one!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see your blog. Your April sounds a lot like ours was, all the way across the sea. I like your birch tree also. Before we moved to our current apartment, we lived in a neighborhood where all the street names were of trees. We lived on Del Faggio (beech) and the next street over was Betulle. Of course the Italian names are close to the Latin names, so your Betula nigra jumped right out at me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, thanks for visiting. I am learning a few Italian words from you and Joyce. I have to stop often and look up a word! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They say learning a foreign language is good for old brains! (I'd hate to think what mine would be like were I NOT studying Italian every day.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s really a great and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you simply shared this helpful information with us.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete