It has remained cold all day....I did put the flat of lettuces out on the porch in the sun. I will bring them back in this evening.
Hallelujah! I finished the cushion covers, except I need to buy 1/4 yard for make 4 more ties. I hope to get that tomorrow. I am glad they are finished.
Note the sewing machine by the window....oh for a special room for projects....I have had a mess in the dining room all this time.
speaking of projects........
I have several fulminating in my brain these days but haven't settled on one to actually put my money where my mouth/mind is.
1. Do a remodel on the guest bath.....a pretty expensive project
2. Extend my L shaped back porch which is 5 feet wide by 15 feet and the back L is 5 x 7, so it would be filled in to be a nice sized utility room of about 15x15....sewing machine could go here.....maybe washer and dryer then,
3. Make current utility a walk-in closet right off the master bathroom....that would be wonderful!
4. Have a lean-to greenhouse built off east end of sheds across the drive (I know this is the most luxurious one since I am getting along fine without one!
5. Enclose dining room porch into a sun room where we would enjoy coffee on cold days. It is 7 x 15, pretty narrow but would work for us.
6 Enclose small living room porch foroffice for me and the computer. This would eliminate the front entrance which no one uses but might be negative if selling (for the kids).
7. Make a wide opening between the kitchen and the middle room (13x13) and make that the dining room.
Dining room would become living room; living room would be divided into two bedrooms (making them pretty small.
8 Or..............build two bedrooms across the back of the house....a very expensive project
Or what I usually end up doing......nothing! Seriously, I think the bathroom may be chosen.... the tub surround is very bad.
I will probably delete all the above before I post. Nope, going to leave it here for future reference for me. You call can just skip over it.
We did errands yesterday on Saturday. You would think we could pick a better day since we are here each day but somehow it gets put off until Saturday, dumb, dumb and I forgot to get the 1/2 yard of material to finish the ties for the two cushions! drat. I did pick up the matching jars for q-tips and cotton for the master bathroom vanity.
This morning is bright and sunny and promises to be much warmer. It is 33° right now but supposed to reach 50°.
I am milking this morning....Willow has a new trick. First DH does out to lock the calves in the barn so he can walk Willow through their pen to come up the ramp into the barn and I don't go out until that is done. If she sees me she refuses to go into the pen....she doesn't want to share her milk with me. Now she has figured out what he is doing and the last two milking days the minute he locks the calves up, she whirls back and runs out to the field again..... We will out smart her...maybe. Next time he will let her into the small pen adjacent to the calves pen before he locks them out of sight......surely she won't know I am milking that day. I will still stay out of sight until the deed is done. Willow is too smart for us.
Tuesday, February 19
The cold front blew in yesterday and it is 25° this morning. Now they are talking of a possibility of an ice storm coming in tonight.....I hope it goes the way of the heavy rain predicted earlier. I sometimes wonder why I bother to check weather forecasts.
Today is trash day so I have to empty the house trashcans.
I need to make another batch of soap quickly. I think I will carry all my supplies out to the Milk Parlor where I have stainless steel sinks and the old gas range. It might be a little cool but at least the mess will not be in my kitchen. DH says I am filling that room way too fast!
I think I will publish this before I get cold feet and delete it all.