Monday, December 10, 2012

Our cold front has arrived....22° here with a windchill of 9°.  I know that last number is true because I took Sugar outside at 3 AM and she didn't want to come back in so I had to walk back to the barn to get her attention so I could attach the leash.....I won't make that mistake again!

Things have been very quiet here on the farm.  The only farm related news is we now remember why we have some red calves this year (refer to previous posting).  Our neighbors giant Hereford bull is with us again.  They keep him all alone in a field behind ours (a very stupid thing to do) and he gets lonely.......of course, we do have cows in heat after fall calving.  We aren't even telling them this time; surely they will miss him eventually.  In the meantime we get this influx of very expensive, pure Hereford blood into our mix.

DH will be getting calves up sometime this week for us to check about weaning some of the largest ones.

I am trying to re-organize myself  and get into a schedule....we used to be very on schedule and I miss that.
So, no more lollygagging around all morning in my pj's and drinking coffee and reading or playing on the internet.  So by 5:30 AM this morning I was up showered, hair shampooed, makeup on and dressed....all before breakfast.  We shall see how long this lasts.........I do like it though.

I think today I will clean the refrigerator and bring out the Christmas decorations in the afternoon. (Update: haven't done that yet).

Random Pictures

I usually don't use family pictures, but this one was put on Facebook, so I feel free to put it here.

This our granddaughter who got to 'meet and greet' Cody Simpson.  (Yes, I didn't know who he was either....until I looked him up and listened to him on YouTube) She took her friend to his concert in KC Saturday night.  The meet and greet was arranged by someone at Hallmark where our daughter has worked since MU.  Isabel is on the left.


and a current (this afternoon about 10 minutes ago) of Sugar,





14 comments:

  1. Your grand daughter is beautiful, I'm glad she got together with this Cody Simpson guy.

    Oh.......look at Sugar!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment to Isabel; she is as sweet as can be too.

      Sugar is a little sick this evening; going to the vet in the morning. I don't think it is serious....probably some nasty thing she ate outside.

      Delete
  2. Hey, Sugar is looking good! 22F ??? Are you kidding me? Brrrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not kidding at all; the high today was just 34°

      Delete
  3. We had flurries this morning after our storm yesterday. Much cooler weather today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sitting here sweating. It is very humid down here and warm, and I've no a.c. to take care of the problem. I do have ceiling fans on and windows open. It would be nice to get some much needed rain, and cooler temps. Your temps though would be a tad :-) too cold for me.

    Your grand-daughter is gorgeous. And I don't know who Cody is either.

    I'm thinking about Christmas decorations too, just haven't gotten to it yet.

    I think it's cool about your red calves!!! I chuckled out loud at this statement ~ In the meantime we get this influx of very expensive, pure Hereford blood into our mix.

    Love and hugs to you, your DH and Sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I didn't get to the decorations.......

      Cody is a famous Australian teeny bopper heartthrob singer.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful girl. And Sugar looks like she could be a show dog, standing there like that. Hope she's OK.

    It was 18º here yesterday. Started out at 24 and went down. The growing season is finally over for everything now. I didn't cover the Calendula. It's time.

    that's wonderful that you don't have to pay stud fees or share those calves. Heh. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. While roaming livestock does get me all worked up.....I guess your little "problem" isn't too bad of one to have :)

    And I agree; Sugar is quote the looker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some roaming does aggravate me too. The neighbors to the east have a rather crappy inbred herd and they left a bull over here for an entire season! We couldn't do anything with him.....finally DH spent a great deal of time helping the yahoos get it back home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Regarding my post: I was teasing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I knew you were; I was teasing back.

      Delete
  9. Your granddaughter is a beauty, but I've never heard of Cody. I'm not up on all the young celebrities these days.
    Sugar is a beauty, too!

    ReplyDelete