Thursday, November 1, 2012

Routine Day

The weather continues very 'fallish' and wonderful.

Yesterday was milk day.  Willow seems to be settling more into the routine.  She comes willingly (well,with some 'rear' encouragement) up the ramp into the barn and ,  best of all, the last two times she has actually let her milk down more.  I got 3 half gallons yesterday morning and a cup and a half  over.

I got on the treadmill for a couple of minutes and decided that  the bike was the vehicle for me.  I didn't do very long.  Could have done much  longer but the boredom of the thing drives me crazy.  I am taking the radio and some cd's  out  for the next time.  Remember the equipment is in the room where  I process the milk so I have no excuse at all for not using it.

My new tooth is ready but my dentist is not.  I am scheduled the second week of November.

I am getting the helpmate to start  the cabinets today....will let you know how that goes.

My red maple that normally get a beautiful red all over has just a small twig that has turned color.

I think it will loose the rest of the leaves without turning at all.

The chickens have begun their annual molt.  That means egg production is dropping quickly,  only one yesterday and three the two  days before.


  1. Good to hear that Willow has finally gotten the routine down, Glenda! She was such a wippersnapper for a while!...:)JP

  2. I find the stationary bike totally boring, too, and haven't been on it for ages. At least mine is in the house, not in an outbuilding. Hmmm, can you hook up the bike to a milking machine? *grin*

  3. I sometimes turn on some workout music on my computer, and dance around while unloading the dishwasher. I'll also spray the floor with the cleaner we have to use on it, and then dance while I dry it with a towel under each foot. I have even folded towels while doing my "grapevines" and such.

    I'm glad Willow is getting into a routine. How cool to have your own fresh milk and eggs, while they last.