As usual, I have put off making cookies and candies until I am starting to feel panic! I kept thinking it was too soon. I should have just made them early and frozen them like Joyce does.
I sat here this morning trying to get my thoughts in order and thinking about what I needed to be doing this winter and early spring.
These are in no particular order.
1. Dormant oil spray the orchard
1a. Check about using a spray to help with fire blight. May have lost some trees due to this dread disease.
2. Check supply of seeds and see what I need to order and do it asap.
3. Decide if I want to buy the Nutrimill. I have all that dent corn I harvested for cornmeal and I have a source for wheat berries about an hour away.
4. Order new strawberry plants. I killed mine last year
5. Make a new batch of goat's milk soap with oatmeal or cornmeal
I think I need to order Lavender EO.
6. "Encourage" the helpmeet to remove the gate to the porch and get it fixed!
7. Repair the bathroom light fixture (I dread doing it).
8. Check older fruit trees for damage and prune off broken limbs.
I vow to print a chart of the necessary orchard sprays and do them religiously
this year. My new trees will not do much since I just planted them last year.
Clean off all gardens....huge job.
I feel better already. I am an accountant at heart.....I like things
listed and checked off when done! I also categorize each expenditure and can do instantaneous reports with Quicken. Call me crazy but I like it.
I did some baking yesterday. I made the traditional spritz cookies and a batch of pecan tassies. I can't decide what else I will make, maybe Russian tea cakes and thumbprint cookies.
It actually warmed up during the night. I think our weeks is predicted to be much warmer.