Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Thank you all for your concern. I did talk to the doctor (not his nurse) yesterday and all the tests were negative. This confirms his diagnosis of sacroiliac. I am to continue with the pain meds, if needed, and the muscle relaxant and just wait it out.
He told me I can take aspirin too. I am happy to report without pain meds, I feel better this morning! He also said to keep busy so not so much easy chair from now on.
Enough said.

First, I cannot comment to your Blogs this morning. Rest assured I have read most that I follow and will finish shortly. I get some error message or it doesn't recognize me and keeps wanting me to try again. I will check back later.

What I have been doing is when the pain pills kick in, I get up and do what I need to do. One of those things was bake Ilene's Hot Milk Sponge Cake again. I doubled the recipe and cooked it in my 9x13 pan and it came out beautifully. Some recipes shouldn't be doubled but this wasn't one of them.

Note: The cook had a sample piece!

Photobucket

Gardening

I soaked some pepper seeds overnight in warm water and planted them in 6-paks and put then under the lights. I may be too late, but I am giving it a try.

We got another 1.2 inches of rain yesterday so I know it is way too wet to do anything in the garden except maybe mulch if I use wide boards for walking. I need to get the strawberries mulched since they are sending out runners now.

Random Cow Picture

One of the heifers enjoying tall grass due to the recent rains. This pasture needs clipping.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. That cake looks absolutely wonderful!
    "Wait it out" is such an easy thing to say, but oh so hard to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good grief. You call all that deep grass a pasture. Here it's called MY BACK YARD! I need a cow...or 7. I can't keep up - it's always too wet to mow. When it DOES dry out (like today) I've been at it for over 5 hours. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Glenda,
    I just went back and read your last post to see what was going on. I hope you are feeling better. Is there other treatment for that?

    I love nigella! Yours sure is looking great. Mine are wimpy, and I only get a few each year. I need to plant some more seeds here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information. best gardening tools

    ReplyDelete