Yesterday was another sunny warm day.
The first thing on my list was to clean the refrigerator....it was way past needing it.
Mission accomplished and now I don't mind opening the door to get something.
An added bonus was a large bowl of 'leftovers' for the chickens.
Around 2 PM, I went outside to work in the kitchen garden. I burned two piles of debris and then DH got my Merry Tiller running and brought it to me. I tilled the east end where the strawberries used to be and actually found two plants still alive.
The soil was in perfect condition for working. When I finished I hoed out the row of garlic. The dratted henbit and another annoying litte blue flowered week were in the row too close to the bulb to till out. That little job told me I am really out of gardening shape! The plants are looking good.
I still have about six bulbs left from last year's harvest that are starting to show green tips. I have read not to use them, they will be bitter....I haven't noticed any taste in the food so will continue until they are gone.
I turned over a board and found 4 earthworms which I felt was a good sign. I also tilled up this scary fellow:
This is a really bad year for henbit. It is absolutely everywhere. It is doing one good thing; feeding honeybees. I finally got a couple of pictures. I had lots of difficulty shooting outside yesterday. I couldn't see in the viewer what I was taking.
Here is my work in progress:
The garlic row is to the left in the picture.
I managed two hours. Quit; put tools up and then fed the very excited girls their
refrigerator clean-up treat. Five eggs.